2018-19 Webinar Series
Join Us for the Complete 2018-19 Webinar Series
All webinars will be held at 4:00 PM EST.
- November 27, 2018: The Consultation Process – A Review
- December 19, 2018: New ESSA Guidance, Part 1
- January 22, 2019: New ESSA Guidance, Part 2
- February 12, 2019: The Consultation Process: Getting a Handle on Funding
- March 12, 2019: The Consultation Process: Developing & Using a Needs Assessment Effectively
- April 9, 2019: The Consultation Process: Effective Use of ESSA Strategies & Safeguards to Ensure Equitable Participation
Webinar 1: The Consultation Process – A Review
Tuesday, November 27, 2018, at 4:00 PM EST
The consultation process is documented in both the Title I section of the Every Student Succeeds Act (ESSA) and the uniform provisions of Title VII, which apply to other programs in ESSA in which private school students participate. Exactly what does the law say about consultation? What does it mean to “reach agreement?” What topics should be discussed? This webinar on consultation will present an overview of the process for ESSA. Subsequent webinars will take a deeper dive into the process in the areas of funding, defining educational need, and strategies and safeguards to ensure equitable participation.